p2pnet news | Crime:- MediaDefender boss Randy Saaf (left) and sidekick Octavio Herrera are being questioned by Las Vegas Police.
The pair, shown here in handcuffs, were arrested following the online publication of confidential MediaDefender documents, including a transcript of a phone call with US police authorities.
Saaf’s MediaDefender has been posting fake download files on behalf of entertainment cartel hit organisations, principally Hollywood’s MPAA (Motion Picture Association of America), which then releases statements claiming the ‘spoofs,’ as they’re called, are the work of ‘pirates’.
In one of the most recent examples, “Pirates frequently make ‘spoofs’ of titles available on peer-to-peer networks, so what you think you are downloading might in fact be a fake,” says the MPAA’s MPA (Motion Picture Association).
Saaf and Herrera will be arraigned next week on 10,00,324 charges of illegal uploading with intent to deceive, bandwidth theft, and grievous misrepresentation.
Click here for:
- View by threads
- View by date
- (NEW) MediaDefender.Source.TrapperKeeper-MDD Torrent
- Transcript for MediaDefender.Phonecall-MDD (Enhanced OGG (V1), 11.4 MB)
- Upload stats for Gnutella/etc decoy files
- List of all IPs that MD has used (14.3 MB)
- List of all IPs that DDoS us that are MediaDefender Owned
And definitely stay tuned.