p2pnet news view | Freedom:- The dust hasn’t even begun to settle, yet. But when it does, Apple and cocky DRM supremo Steve Jobs may discover this time, he’s gone too far —- way too far, even for devoted Macolytes.
Jobs has finally shut down Think Secrets, one of the web’s longest running investigative news sites, which had the temerity to run up against Apple, publishing items Jobs classified as trade secrets and which were, according to his Jobness, therefore sacrosanct.
But this time it isn’t just Apple fan boys. This time it’s every website with any kind of pretence of publishing news, investigative or otherwise.
It’s ‘only’ the web. But what happens when Jobs and his legal terror gang decide it’s time to take on the offline print and electronic media?
- Oh My God!” – says TechCrunch. Apple Killed Think Secret! Those Bastards!
- Damn you, Steve Jobs, says Mathew Ingram here in Canada.
- Apple, Think Secret Settlement Is a Mistake, says PC World in the US.
- Apple snuffs out Think Secret site, says the Sydney Morning Herald in Australia.
- Apple kills Think Secret blog,” says Britain’s Guardian Unlimited.
And this is is only the beginning.
BIGGGG mistake! – as Ahnold would have said.
Apple and the entertainment cartels have a lot in common.
They both treat the people who keep them fat and happy with absolute contempt.
And they’re both soon to reap their well-deserved rewards because of it.
Want to help p2pnet stay online? Please click here.