p2pnet news view Freedom | P2P:- Vivendi Universal, EMI, Warner Music and Sony Music’s CRIA, a pale copy of their US extortion unit, is pouring money into the pockets of Canadian lobbyists as part of its renewed campaign to bring US-style corporate-friendly copyright laws to Canada.
The latest lobbying reports filed with the Office of the Commissioner of Lobbying say the CRIA and CMPDA (Canadian Motion Picture Distributors Association), “have been among the most active on the copyright front,” meeting with Canadian heritage minister James Moore in late March, blogs Michael Geist, going on the latest round of reported meetings include »»»
- March 30, 2009 – Charles King (representing Microsoft) meeting with Zoe Addington, senior policy advisory to Industry Minister Tony Clement
- March 27, 2009 – David Dyer (representing the CMPDA) meeting with Ian Todd, chief of staff to Canadian Heritage Minister James Moore
- March 26, 2009 – David Dyer (representing the CMPDA) and the CMPDA meeting with Canadian Heritage Minister James Moore
- March 24, 2009 – David Dyer (representing the CRIA) meeting with Bill King, chief of staff to Industry Minister Tony Clement
- March 23, 2009 – David Dyer (representing the CRIA) meeting with Canadian Heritage Minister James Moore
- March 10, 2009 – David Dyer (representing the CRIA) meeting with Paul Wilson, the Director of Policy in the Prime Minister’s Office
- March 12, 2009 – Sandra Graham (representing the CRIA) meeting with Brendan Marshall, Executive Assistant to the Office of the Minister of Canadian Heritage
- March 5, 2009 – Microsoft meeting with Ian Todd
- February 18, 2009 – Entertainment Software Association meeting with Addington, Tanya Peat, Director of Policy for Canadian Heritage Minister James Moore, and Andrea Paine, Director of Parliamentary Affairs for Minister Moore
- February 12, 2009 – Canadian Chamber of Commerce meeting with Elaine Feldman, Assistant Deputy Minister, North America, Foreign Affairs and International Trade
- February 12, 2009 – Canadian Music Publishers Association meeting with Addington
- February 3, 2009 – David Dyer (representing the CRIA and the CMPDA) meeting with Mike Lake, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Industry
Use free p2pnet newsfeeds for your site. It`s really easy! Subscribe to p2pnet.net | | rss feed: http://p2pnet.net/p2p.rss | | Mobile – http://p2pnet.net/index-wml.php
Net access blocked by government restrictions? Use Psiphon from the Citizen Lab at the University of Toronto. Go here for details.